Account Executive, Federal
MixMode is a no-rules-required Cybersecurity platform, serving large enterprises with big data environments across a variety of industries. MixMode delivers a patented, self-learning platform that acts as the Cybersecurity Intelligence Layer℠ to detect both known and unknown attacks, including novel attacks designed to bypass legacy cyber defenses. This is accomplished in real-time, across any cloud or on-premise data stream. Trusted by global entities in banking, public utilities and government sectors, industry cyber leaders rely on MixMode to protect their most critical assets. The platform dramatically improves the efficiency of SOC teams previously burdened with writing and tuning rules and manually searching for attacks. The MixMode platform can be deployed remotely, with no appliances, in under an hour with business outcomes evident within days. Backed by PSG and Entrada Ventures, the company is headquartered in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Although we do have physical offices, our employees enjoy a remote-first work culture. Learn more at www.mixmode.ai.
Location: Santa Barbara, CA or Remote
MixMode is looking for a Federal AE to continue to fuel our sales process. We need immediate help to continue providing exceptional support to new Federal customers looking to integrate our capabilities. As Federal AE, you will be directly interfacing with prospective customers and identifying if MixMode is a fit for implementation within their organization. We need a fast-mover who can navigate a complex Federal environment and pinpoint key strategic customer partnerships. As we continue to scale, you will play a critical role in shaping our federal sales strategy.
What you'll be doing (responsibilities):
- Build and nurture relationships with new and existing Federal partners, customers, and stakeholders
- Identify, qualify, and execute opportunities to expand MixMode into new government branches and sectors
- Own customer relationships from first contact to contract award
- Coordinate with fellow team members (solutions, contracting, product, program management) to deliver exceptional support to prospective customers
- Build and track sales metrics within our customer relationship management system to enhance company forecasting capabilities
- Execute a consultative sales process that aligns the value of our software product with the needs of an organization
- Serve as a player/coach with future people management opportunities as the MixMode sales team scales
- Support solutions and contracting team with proposal and presentation material creation
What you'll need to bring (qualifications):
- TS SCI federal security clearance
- 10+ years of related experience, including senior sales leadership roles, managing high-performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales, and account development strategies, and/or leadership roles in multi-tiered large organizations OR equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of Federal System Integrator landscape and Federal IT ecosystem
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical), Business Management, Economics, or related field
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Federal sales or enterprise technology sales
- Self-starter mentality in order to identify business opportunities
- A can-do attitude and willingness to wear many hats in a rapidly moving tech startup environment
- Intellectual curiosity; you love technology and are constantly keeping an eye on new R&D
- Competitive spirit; you are driven by the opportunity to close deals and exceed revenue goals
- Effective communicator and storyteller with the ability to craft engaging messaging tailored to customer personas
- Travel approximately 25% of the time
Compensation and benefits are competitive based on industry standards. Benefits for full-time team members include:
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D (option to purchase additional Voluntary Life Insurance)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Holidays & Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
Please note: MixMode does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of MixMode.