Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Anchore is a company with an important mission: to help teams create and deploy software safely using modern container infrastructure. We operate in a dynamic, fast-growing market segment with a strong belief that Anchore will become the defining technology company for DevSecOps. Our technology is currently in use at major enterprises and the United States Department of Defense.
Founded in Santa Barbara, California, Anchore has expanded rapidly with team members in Colorado, North Carolina, D.C Metro area, as well as remotely throughout the United States and Europe. We value kindness, ownership and openness above all else. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the future of software development and who want to be part of a collaborative team that truly makes a difference.
What you can expect to do be doing
- Writing fast, clean, robust code primarily in Python & Golang for implementing services that implement core product features that is delivered as an on-premises product
- Building tests at all levels
- Participating actively in code reviews, design discussions with the team and working with engineering leadership and product management to scope and implement new features
- Triaging, diagnosing, proactive code refactoring, and fixing bugs in collaboration with the customer success team and users directly
- Communicating clearly with the rest of the engineering team including UI engineers, integrations, support, and engineering management
- Writing clear documentation for your features and ensuring users can easily understand the features you’ve built
What you’ll need to bring
General software engineering skills:
- Good coding fundamentals, including knowledge of software design patterns, modularity principles, testing and automation development, and performance
- Demonstrated ability to understand new concepts and technologies quickly and be able to use them effectively
- Demonstrated ability of verbal and written technical communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a large distributed application code base - to analyze and debug complex code flows and make tradeoffs between fast delivery and code quality.
- A “can do” attitude - ability to jump in and work with technical leaders and peers to complete work.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior engineers in addition to completing individual development assignments.
Specific software engineering skills:
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency in Python (or other languages) as well as async processing patterns
- Solid understanding of Linux systems for development and deployment
- Proven working knowledge of Docker, containers, and delivering software in containers
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other SQL databases for persistence and ORM frameworks like SQLAlchemy
- 8+ years experience in a professional software development building API services implementing REST and/or GraphQL with Python, Golang, or a similar language
- A proven understanding of 12-factor applications
What we’d love to see
- Kubernetes experience and understand how to build applications that run well in kubernetes
- Working understanding of application profiling, performance measurement and optimization
- Proven working knowledge of WSGI applications like Flask as well as asynchronous systems like twisted and asyncio
- A solid understanding of authentication and authorization approaches and schemes like Auth2 and RBAC
- Working knowledge of data modeling in relational databases and making performant queries
- Possess some security experience or training in application security and best practices
- Experience in Golang and able to use both Python and Go
At Anchore, you can expect a challenging role within one of the fastest growing startups in the hottest space in today’s technology market. We are well-funded with a strong customer base. We offer very competitive salaries, industry standard benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision care, flexible vacation, etc), and stock-option grants.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Anchore reserves the right to conduct a background check on applicants after a conditional offer of employment is made.